It’s already February and the way time is passing by, spring is not that far away. As I was thinking of what to write in my new post, I started looking at my old albums and found some lovely photos of Keukenhof. So thought of sharing these photos from my visit to Keukenhof in April 2015 as a Tulip photo post to cheer up the mood into spring mode with their bursting colours.
Keukenhof opens this year in less than 50 days from now. And this is one place you can visit again. Situated in Lisse, Netherlands, Keukenhof is spread over 72 acres. It is a short bus ride from Amsterdam Schipol airport. Keukenhof opens every year from mid-March till around mid-May. The best time to visit is around mid-April depending on the weather.
I have also provided some Helpful Hints at the bottom of this page in case you are inspired by the photos to make a visit to the gardens this year.
- In 2018, Keukenhof will be open from 22 March until 13 May 2018, opening times are from 08:00 – 19:30.
- The Flower Parade will be held on Saturday, 21 April 2018
- Over 7 million bulbs will bloom this spring, with a total of 800 varieties of tulips.
- Entry tickets can be booked in advance and this can be combined with a return bus ticket from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.
- There are long winding queues for the Keukenhof Express buses so do ensure that you have ample time. There are buses every 15 minutes and it takes around 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic to reach the park.
- Free park maps are available from the ticket office and information desks.
- Do wear comfortable shoes and carry a bottle of water.
- You can carry your own food or there are cafes inside the park.
Hope you enjoyed the photos and will find the tips usefuls. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome.
Please share using links below: